SUSSEX HERITAGE TRUST BURSARY SCHEME
The Sussex Heritage Trust aim to increase and enhance the educational opportunities for young people and people from all walks of life based in Sussex, who are or hope to be in the construction industry.
In conjunction with the Weald & Downland Living Museum and West Dean College of Arts and Conservation and funded by The Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust, Historic Houses, South East and The Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects, we have a programme of Bursaries available to support those wishing to attend courses on Building Conservation techniques. The Trust also supports successful students in contributing to any travel and accommodation costs they may incur. The candidate must be over 18 to be eligible.
Please look at the Building Conservation courses available at the Weald & Downland Living Museum and Short courses in Conservation available at West Dean. If in doubt, please contact Sussex Heritage Trust to see if the Bursary can be applied to a particular course.
- We will book and pay for the course(s)
- We will give the student up to £25 contribution to travel costs
- We will pay for accommodation local to the museum and subsistence, where required
- We will give the student a £50 contribution towards the purchase of additional tools on completion of the course and Evaluation Form
The Student’s Obligations:
- The student it to attend the full course and let us know in good time if, for any reason, he/she is unable to attend
- The student is to complete our Evaluation Form together with a short synopsis of the course and the benefits it has provided.
- The student agrees to have some photographs taken during the course for Sussex Heritage Trust to use on the website and social media.
- If the student does not attend the full course without letting us know in good time or withdraw from it, then he/she may be required to pay back what has already been paid to them and the cost of the course.
If you wish to be considered for a Sussex Heritage Trust Bursary, please contact the administrator on 01243 576 524 or click here to email us.