BATTLE RAILWAY STATION STATION ROAD, BATTLE TN33 0DE
Constructed in 1852, to the designs of architect William Tress, it is widely considered to be one of the finest gothic revival stations in the country. The Grade II listed building required substantial repairs to the chimneys, roofing, rainwater goods and walling stones all whilst the station remained open.
Submitted by: Clague LLP, Canterbury www.clague.co.uk
Architect: James Kenton, Clague LLP. Contractors: REDEC Ltd, Sevington www.redec.co.uk
Craftsmen: Clarke Roofing Southern Ltd, Eastbourne www.clarke-roofing.co.uk
Other: Rother District Council, Bexhill-on-Sea www.rother.gov.uk